Friday, September 25, 2015

Time to Catch Up!

Much thanks to "Ar P", whoever you are, for commenting on my last post and letting me know that I could do better than one post every 6 months.  So, this one's for you "Ar P", wherever and whoever you are.  So, first things first...everyone needs to know that we are alive and well.  To sum up the last 6 months:

We have moved from Kirksville, MO to Ballwin, MO 
The truck is as big as the house!
Emily and her Kirksville Ladies
Goodbye Kirksville campus
Hello St. Louis campus
We finally (after 6 years) burned our moving boxes!
Kinda funny to think that some of these boxes were as old as Ethan!

We drove to Maryland for a family reunion.  I would have put up all of the pictures I took of the state signs, but Emily thinks I'm a nerd for taking all of them, and so you all don't think I am a nerd, I will refrain from putting them up. 
Best slip-n-slide ever!
Family picture fun (we needed to have Anderson strapped in so he wouldn't run away)
The family invaded the hotel pool, and surpassed the hot tub capacity by about triple the max capacity
Dulles Air and Space Museum, that is the Discovery shuttle
Family Bonfire night
Anderson did not like the zipline
Cousins and the D.C. temple

I flew home to start my third year of dental school 
We learn 2 things from this letter.  1) I passed 2nd year, and 2) I had at least a 2.0 gpa
Funny story, summed up...bullet through the window!
My home for the next 2 years
The dam. Sorry to those of you who come and see me and need to have this placed.  No fun! 
Because I'm a nerd, I have taken pics of all the teeth I have extracted.  I was going to put more up, but Emily said no.
So, here is one of them

Emily thought the drive to Maryland was so fun she decided to drive from MD to Georgia and stay there for a couple more weeks, then I flew to GA and we all drove home together.  
Tired kids, lots of road work
Wild horses, on the beach in Maryland

While Emily was driving for those couple of weeks, I was going to school and then coming home and doing some remodeling on our home, all while trying to keep the pool a decent shade of blue.  Let me interject something here, I do not recommend owning a pool unless you are able to afford to pay someone to help keep it clean, even if you think you will have time to do it yourself, HIRE someone!!!  This pool of ours has seen every shade of blue, but more unfortunately, it has also seen every shade of green, and it was mostly somewhere in between.  It wasn't until just recently that we were finally able to see the bottom of the deep end, and then the weather got chillier and the pool got greener again.  Bah!
Before
During
More during
Finished (for the most part)

50 Shades of GREEN:
Here it is at least with a little blue tint

This summer we also took a weekend trip over to Indianapolis to go to the LDS temple open house, which was a really neat experience, we then drove over to the Indianapolis Motor Speedway and checked out the museum there.  Finally, we were able to meet up with my cousin-brother Nate and his family who live in D.C. but just happened to be in Indy the same weekend.  
Indianapolis Indiana LDS Temple
Indianapolis Motor Speedway
This is the Official pace car from this year's race

We have spent countless hours and Saturdays exploring our new stomping grounds that is the St. Louis Metro area, which we have absolutely fallen in love with (and just may call it home permanently), we have been making great new friends as well.  One of the best things about living here is that it is a great pit stop for visitors that are travelling across the country, it is also just a fun and much more exciting place to visit than where we had been (sorry, Kirksville, we loved you, but our visitors did not!).
One of the new parks in our area
The "Rock Park"
Even though you can't see it, I got a nice outdoor chair for Father's Day
Cooper and the Nauvoo Lego temple
Missouri Botanical Gardens
St. Louis Cardinals Mormon Night
Hike in Meramec State PArk
FredBird, Mini-FredBird (Cooper), and Luke at our neighborhood park 
Luke at the Parkway South Homecoming Parade (we got enough candy for Haloween!)
Botanical Gardens again
Luke admiring the height of the STL temple
More from "Rock Park"
Friends, Labor Day, and kickball
Fun visit from Grandma and Poppy Jewkes
The brothers and their Tae-Kwon-Do lessons
Krispy Kreme pirate day.  I love Bennett's face in this pic, classic Bennett
Not quite the ABQ Balloon Fiesta, but it is beautiful scenery, and we had a lot of fun

6 comments:

  1. The kitchen looks great! The pool... Good luck with that! :) -Bill

    ReplyDelete
  2. Four months? You're kidding. Let's try a monthly posting. Easier for everybody. You don't get behind; I don't get too antsy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm looking forward to your 6 month update, tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete