Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy Birthday Luke...Oh and Happy New Year!

Happy New Year!  What a night!  It was full of parties and fireworks, and Martinelli's!  Well, not for us.  We were pretty much asleep.  I was reading Sherlock Holmes deduct some crime scene, and Emily was asleep when the clock struck 12.  I told her Happy New Year's and gave her a kiss (which I can guarantee that she doesn't remember) then fell asleep.  What a party, wahoo.  But what else happened when the clock struck 12 besides the year changing?  Someone in our household also changed a year.  Lukey has officially turned 6, and the end of our crazy week of birthdays is now at a close.  Thank heavens!
Birthday Breakfast
He wanted a Spider-Man Cake...but he almost got a
Wonder-Woman Cake though for almost getting to "3"
Grammy and Grandpa Hutchings even came to say Happy Birthday from Panama!

Where do I start with Luke?  He is our son that is VERY full of energy, and likes to play Devil's Advocate in just about everything.  He loves school and is really excited about being able to read.  His school does the "Book It" program with Pizza Hut and Luke takes it very seriously, he wants to get his pizza every night.  Not only is he passionate about reading, but he is passionate about everything he does, especially speaking/arguing with his parents.  He is so fun to play and wrestle with.  He is such a good brother, he even has the teasing part of being a brother down to perfection, he has currently mastered the "copycat" game that no one likes.  He is loved by everyone that meets him because he has such an infectious personality.  He makes friends faster than any of our other kids.  We love this little kid!  He fills such a special place in our family!  We love you Lukey!  Happy Birthday!
Birth
1 Year
2 Years (We call this the Lukey Face, he now has it perfected )
3 Years
4 Years
5 Years
6 Years

Here are some of my all-time favorite pictures of Lukey-Man:
Our Animal Talker
The Wise Man
He sucked these 2 fingers so much that he calloused them! 
The Beach Bum 
Strong Man
Mother says: Lukey Bukey!  What a guy!  You have taught me more about being a parent than anyone of my other kids.  You have challenged me to be more humble, seek the Lord more in aid, and have offered me the ability to receive more promptings in response to raising you.  Thank you.  I thought I was a super awesome parent until you came along, then I realized that Cooper was just a super easy kid.  You have made me better.  You, by far, can be my sweetest child...when you choose to.  You are so helpful with the babies and they love you.  You have a real ability to make people love you.  You make friends so easily.  I love when you do "chores" for your brothers when they forget to do something.  You just tell them, "don't worry, I got it".  It is really sweet.  I love you!!  Happy Birthday!



No comments:

Post a Comment