Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Ready or Not!


Merry Christmas!!!
I couldn't resist writing one more before the triplets are on the outside of the womb.  Since I last wrote, we had Christmas.  I don't know about you, but we WAY overdid it!  It was great though.  I have recently had a thought, we are going to be busy the week of Christmas to New Year's--25th is Christmas, 27th triplets birthday, 30th is Ethan's birthday, 1st is Luke's birthday, make sure you write that down, we will be accepting sympathies!

Today, Wednesday, 12/26/12, D-Day minus 1, we decided to let loose a little.  It started off by Emily going to have a visit with the anesthesiologist to get some blood work done so they know what to dose her up with to make her happy and not feel any pain.  From there we went and had the very last ultrasound for these little boogers, it was another BTP (Bio-Physical Thing) so it was quick.  We didn't get any hint as to how big they are, all we know is that there is little to no room for these little monkeys to move around.  I have to give a huge shoutout to the techs, doctors, and everyone else associated with Pinon Perinatal, they have been awesome to Emily this entire time, and I realize that I have poked a little bit of fun at them at times, but they have truly been awesome to us this whole time!  Thank you!  Anyway, here are the only pictures that we got this time:

After the ultrasound we splurged and got something off of the lunch menu at PF Chang's.  Yes, we are big spenders!  Luckily the refills were free, we took advantage of that!  That has to be Emily's favorite place in the world.  From there, we went to go see Les Miserables that came out yesterday.  Amazing movie!  Gary complained that the voices weren't big enough, but I thought the opposite, I loved the emotion that they were able to portray.  No, the voices weren't the best I've heard.  I think that they had Russell Crowe cast before they even heard him sing, because visually he was the perfect person for the role, then he sings...and you realize that this was supposed to be a singing movie and you wonder why he was cast.  So you have to try and get over the fact that his voice isn't the typical Javert that you hear on Broadway, anyway, I just realized that I have become a movie critic.  This is not my place.  Moving on.

Tomorrow is the day!  We will be going in to the hospital at 5:30 a.m.and her c-section is scheduled for 7:30, so the babies should be coming at around 8 a.m.  I would like to say something to those of you who may be planning on coming to visit to see these babies (family, friends, family, did I mention family).  PLEASE, before you come, please, please, please call either me or Emily.  It is going to be very crazy for us for the first couple of months, and we have lots of help that is staying with us during that time, and as much as we love you and want for you to see these babies we really can't have everyone coming until we have things figured out, plus it is RSV season and we really want to try and avoid that.  You are more than welcome to come and visit, but please try not to plan anything until at least February and have talked to one of us first.  We are planning on doing the baby blessings in March/April depending on how healthy babies are, that would be a great time to come and see them.

Well, until tomorrow when I will have real pictures of these little miracles!

1 comment:

  1. Hope all goes well . . . I think your message to everyone to WAIT to come and see the triplets was very good advice!!! Way to go Jake!!!

    ReplyDelete