Sunday, December 9, 2012

Embarrassingly Famous!

I have realized over the past few days that it seems like everyone I meet seems to know who we are.  As word spreads about the pregnancy we can't go anywhere without hearing, "Oh you're the one having triplets!"  It is hilarious to go into a store and have some random lady come over to Emily and put their hand on my wife's belly to see if they can feel the triplet movement!  I will give a couple of examples:

1) The other day Emily went into Subway to order a sandwich for her little picnic with the brothers.  The girl behind the counter looks up, sees Emily and says, "Oh my goodness!  You are the one pregnant with triplets, aren't you?"  Emily proceeds to tell her yes, then it is followed by congratulations and good lucks.  Then anyone else that is in the store that heard has to give their thoughts on life and their stories of multiple births.

2) We went into Costco a couple of days ago, I walked in with the boys while Emily went to get her favorite thing about the 21st century, the driving shopping cart (yes, it has come to that!).  The lady checking the membership cards says, "Oh wow!  You are the one having the triplets huh?"  She said it like Emily was a superhero, and she was seeing her hero for the first time!
Emily in her favorite vehicle at Target
I still don't quite know if Emily loves this kind of attention or not.  I am going to take a guess and say that she hates it, and that is based on the fact that when we got married she had no desire to have a wedding reception with just me and her.  Luckily for her she was able to talk 2 of her siblings into taking the wedding plunge in the same month, and she only had to do one reception with just the two of us!  Wait, I just realized that she must be embarrassed by ME, not the fact that she doesn't like attention!

As I have seen people react to the news of the triplets, especially in public, it amazes me that the first action taken after a woman finds out about the triplets is to swing their hand from a position of rest directly to the belly of my wife to rest it there.  Could you imagine if I (or any guy) found out a woman was pregnant and did the same thing?  Would I be considered a pervert?  If the baby daddy was right there, would I get my head bashed in?  I don't know, just some food for thought.

Even the great Mrs. Claus was shocked and floored when she asked the brothers if they were having a boy or a girl, and Cooper replied 2 boys and 1 girl.  It is priceless to see the look on people's faces when they find out it is triplets, probably a lot like mine when I found out it was triplets!
Santa was on a potty break!
Emily has one of her "marathon" ultrasounds on Tuesday where they check everything on the babies, weight, length, heartbeat, lung maturation, etc.  I will do an update on all of the baby stuff at that time.  Until then, enjoy some pictures from the last little while:
32 Weeks!
33 Weeks (she is sucking in)!
Our new favorite exterior Christmas decoration! 

Happy Birthday to me! #33






No comments:

Post a Comment