Monday, November 19, 2012

27 Pounds!!!

On Thursday, Nov 15, 2012, Emily went in to her OB/GYN for the quick appointment to see how things are progressing.  They are definitely progressing!  She was 29 1/2 weeks on Thursday, and based on her measurement, she is at 46 weeks!  That is like she is 6 weeks overdue.  My poor wife, I know that she is in pain, and that she wants nothing more than to bring these babies into the world, but she is doing awesome!  I dare anyone of you out there to find a woman pregnant with triplets that is doing better than my wife (yes, I may be bias, but it is true).  Her doctor even said that Emily is his hero, and I have to second that!  Her doctor didn't put her on any restrictions, AMAZING!  Here she is at 30 Weeks:


Today, Nov 19, 2012, Emily went in for her 30 Week ultrasound.  We were guessing as to how big the babies would be: Emily's guess 3 lbs 5 oz for the boys, and 3 lbs 2 oz for the girl; my guess was 3 lbs 6 oz, 3 lbs 4 oz for the boys, and 3 lbs 2 oz for the girl.  We even got an email from babycenter.com today and I looked at it before Emily went in and this is what it said:  "Your baby's about 15.7 inches long now, and she weighs almost 3 pounds (like a head of cabbage)."  Now keep in mind that this is for a singleton baby.  Step in ultrasound tech to give us the "official" numbers (I will start with the small one): 3 lbs 2 oz for the girl, so far we were both right; 3 lbs 4 oz for baby B, Jake is in the lead in the guessing department; and 3 lbs 11 oz for baby A--no that is not a typo, almost 3.75 pounds!  What!?!  How is that possible?  Then they told us that the kid has a gigantic head!  95th percentile!  Yup, that is my kid, the fathead!  

The last time Emily had her marathon ultrasound like this one, the doctor said that he wouldn't let her go past 34 weeks.  Today, he changed his mind.  Because in her words, her "body is a tank and won't give up!" the doctor decided to let her go to 35 weeks, possibly 36!  That is most definitely NOT what Em wanted to hear, especially when she had her heart and mind set on 34.  So, if babies go to 35 weeks, that would make them Christmas Eve babies, if they go to 36 that would make them New Year's Eve babies (which would also sandwich them right in between Luke Jan 1, and Ethan Dec 30).  We of course are hoping that the babies are just healthy when they join our family, but we kind of hope that it is not after Dec 17, yes we are being a little selfish, sorry if that offends you, if it does go get pregnant with triplets and when you are at 30 weeks let's talk!

The doctor was jokingly telling Emily that if she went to 39 weeks, she would have 27 pounds of babies!  OUCH! Emily wasn't laughing with him.  Here are a couple of the pictures that she got today, it is very hard to get the babies to cooperate to get their picture (imagine family pictures in 2-3 years, pure chaos!).  Enjoy:

Ander Bay

Bennett Dale

Oh yeah, I don't think that I have mentioned that we have ditched the name Davis and decided to go with Ander (for my friends in Cache Valley, we just didn't think we could pull off the silent "h" like Kenny could!).  We like it better, let us know what you think!


2 comments:

  1. WOW!!! I won't lie, I laughed out loud at the big head part :)
    Do they know how Em will be delivering?

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the name change!! What a great name, I love Ander! I laughed hard at the big head part, of course he has a big head, he's your son :) At least it's your son with the big head and not Tea (I feel like I am spelling that wrong!)

    ReplyDelete